Notifications of inclusion in the virtual program were emailed in January 2020, and updated notices were emailed on April 15, 16, 2020. If you are unable to participate in the virtual conference, please contact Colleen Manning, Program Director, eLearning at 1-703-846-0750 or Fatima Khan, Coordinator, eLearning, at 1-703-846-0751.
Virtual Education Session Action Items and Due Dates for Presenters
- January 15, 2020 – Login to the Speaker Portal, Review and sign the Speaker Agreement, update your profile information, and upload a bio and photo. *We cannot guarantee edits made after this date will be reflected in published materials.
- February 19, 2020 – Submission of all Interactive Session Experience Forms (applicable for Education Session Presenters ONLY; the form will be available in the Online Speaker Center)
- March 18, 2020 – Review all content on the Speaker Toolkit section of the AIHce EXP website
- April 20, 2020: Review the Virtual Education Session Presenter Resources, and contact AIHA staff with any questions. If you know in advance that you want audience participation and feedback, we can extend that to the virtual audience by programming in polls or asking questions during chat.
- April 21, 2020 – Webinar: "PDCs & Education Sessions: Tricks, Tips, and Deadlines for Virtual Delivery".
- April 22, 2020 – Webinar: "Putting a Focus on Interactivity" 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET. Presented by Jonathan Klane. To access the recording, click here.
- May 4, 2020 – If attending the main conference, register for AIHce EXP by this date to receive the advance rates.
- May 4, 2020 – Slides and other handout materials due. To login and upload your materials, please click here. For instructions on how to upload your materials, please click here.
- May 5–15, 2020 – Recording Window for any sessions that will be pre-recorded.
- May 26–29, 2020 – Touch base with PDC instructors on virtual presentations.
- June 1-3, 2020 – Education Session presentation dates
Presentation Central Uploading
AIHA requires PowerPoint (PPT) for all virtual presentations. Please be sure to use the AIHce 2020 PowerPoint Template when creating your presentation. Our PowerPoint template is set to 16:9 ratio. If you choose to use your own template, please ensure that it is set to this format.
Presentation Best Practices
Use of audio, video, or polling
- If the presentation contains video or audio, insert a slide where you want the audio or video slide to appear with the name of the file. Upload the files separately to the Presentation Management System.
- In the case of polling, insert a slide with the question, the possible responses, and how you want the question answered; i.e, choose one, choose all that apply, etc. AIHA staff will incorporate the polling into your presentation.
- Confirm that all needed files are in the SAME FOLDER as the presentation slides
If you have any questions, please contact us via email or phone: