AIHce EXP Goes Green
Green Initiatives in Phoenix
AIHce EXP attendees told us they wanted a more environmentally friendly and responsible conference. Here are some of the green, sustainable, and safety initiatives AIHA will implement in Phoenix:
- Digital Advance Program and Final Program (we will offer a PDF version for you to print a copy if desired) with reduced page counts referencing online session descriptions, exhibitor information, and background details
- Ticketless registration
- Digital Pathway Passport game
- Digital signage outside meeting rooms and for directions
- Badges made from recycled materials, which can also be recycled
- Signs made of eco-board
- Recycle stations for paper, cans and bottles, and other items
- Water refill stations allowing attendees to refill personal water bottles
The Phoenix Convention Center is also a leader in practicing green initiatives, including:
- GBAC STAR™ Accredited Facility
- The West Building has been awarded the LEED Silver Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council
- The roof of the West Building hosts a solar-power-generating plant that is expected to reduce the convention center's carbon dioxide pollution by 95 metric tons each year
- The North Building features a water harvesting garden, which recycles condensation from the air conditioning units for irrigation purposes
- The entire building uses low-flow toilets, water closets, and faucet sensors to reduce water consumption
- A comprehensive recycling program that includes the collection of paper, plastic, cardboard, and glass materials with receptacles throughout the facility. Biodegradable and recycled materials are used in daily operations.
- A green purchasing program to reduce effects on the environment when compared to competing products or services. This recently included the purchase of 31,000 KI Daylight chairs made from recycled car battery casings and seatbelts.
- The center's catering team partners with local farmers to buy locally-grown, fresh organic produce when possible; participates in a sustainable seafood initiative to support ocean-friendly seafood; uses reusable cutlery, dishware, linens, and decorations
Here's what you can do!
Here are a few tips you can do to go green while attending AIHce EXP 2023:
- Consider donating to a carbon offset program of your choice (or your company's) to balance your AIHce carbon footprint
- Use public transportation or ride share
- Go wireless (rather than print)! Carry your mobile device and use our free Wi-Fi to note your "favorites" (sessions, speakers, attendees, and exhibitors) and take notes in the AIHce EXP mobile app.
- Recycle your paper, plastic, and glass in the receptacles provided throughout the convention center.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to refill at the touchless water stations throughout the convention center
- Create a digital business card to share contact information with attendees, exhibitors, and others