Presenter notification letters were emailed in November 2022. If you are unable to present your course, contact Erin Breece at 703-846-0749.
Dates to Remember
- November 15, 2022 – First Speaker Webinar - Managing Your Online Speaker Account - action items and due dates
- November 18, 2022 – Log in and sign Speaker Agreement, complete Speaker Delivery Form (one/each presentation), review Profile Information, update your Biography, and upload your Photo
- February 9, 2023 – Submission of all PDC logistics forms via the online Speaker Ready Room (lead instructors only)
- March 13, 2023 – Review all content on the Speaker Toolkit section of the AIHce EXP website
- March 19, 2023 – If attending the conference, register for AIHce EXP by this date for the Advance Rate
- March 22, 2023 – PDC cancellation due to low registration (If your course is in danger of being canceled, you will be notified at least 2 weeks prior.)
- March 31, 2023 – Handout materials due (all handouts will be formatted/reproduced electronically and distributed by AIHA if received by this date) Upload here. View upload instructions, here.
- May 5, 2023 – Handouts distributed electronically to students
- May 20, 21, 25, 2023 – PDC presentation dates
- June 9, 2023 – Honorarium payment forms due (Forms will be provided on-site. Requests received after this date will not be honored and will result in a forfeiture of payment.)
Room and AV requests are due February 6, 2023.
Standard room set includes:
- Student seating (physically distanced per national and state regulations)
- LCD Projector
- Screen (sized appropriately for room dimensions and session capacity)
- Slide advancer with a laser pointer
- Up to two wireless lavaliere microphones
- Charging station for students (power will NOT be provided at each seat)
- Two head tables for instructors – seating will be physically distanced per national and state regulations
- Display table at the back of the classroom
- Two (2) or four (4) charging stations in the rooms for students – depending on the overall attendance numbers (power will NOT be placed at every seat)
All other audiovisual needs (including flipcharts, etc.) will be at the presenter’s expense and must be indicated below. Presenters must arrange and pay for these services with AIHce EXP’s exclusive audiovisual provider. To place an order for additional audiovisual, download the order form here.
Convention Center Rules and Regulations
We want your presentation to run seamlessly. At the same time, we must follow all rules and regulations of the Phoenix Conference Center (PCC) for hosting a meeting in the facility. Please help us by noting:
- Convention center staff are responsible for the setup, change, and breakdown of all activities.
- Room sets (head tables, chairs, AV, etc.) and capacities are approved in advance by the facility and the Nashville Fire Marshal. Room sets, once approved, must remain as indicated on approved floor plans or AIHA will incur change fees. Speakers and moderators agree they will not move any items pre-set by the facility or AIHA.
- Audiovisual equipment must be provided by AIHA’s exclusive provider. Requests for AV other than what is outlined to presenters in advance by AIHA must be paid for by the speaker to AIHA before equipment will be provided. Speakers may not provide audiovisual equipment of any kind in their session rooms, including handheld polling devices.
- Speakers may hand-carry handouts or other materials for distribution during a session (except any type of AV). No carts or dollies are permitted. If you require a cart, dolly, luggage carrier, or hand truck to carry your materials, please contact AIHA.
- AIHA, PCC, AIHA’s exclusive AV provider, and AIHA’s other supplier partners are implementing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing processes for all rooms, equipment, and attendee/presenter touchpoints. This process may limit your ability to access the room more than 1 one hour prior to your session or to leave items overnight
If you think you will need accommodations to any of the above listed items – for any part of your session – please let AIHA staff know immediately. We are happy to work with you on a solution that will ensure the success of your session AND compliance with our contract with the MCC.
NOTE: Requests received after April 3 will not be accommodated.
Presentation Upload Requirements and Hardware/Software
- AIHA utilizes a presentation management system for uploading all handout/course materials. If utilizing e-Handouts (created and distributed by AIHA to your students), presenters are required to upload electronic copies of their presentations to AIHce EXP’s Presentation Management System by the handout materials deadline, March 31.
- PDC Presenters must utilize their personal laptop computers for presentation of their course.
- AIHce EXP recommends PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and HTML files may also be used.
- There is no requirement to use a specific template, but it is preferred that you use the AIHce EXP PowerPoint Template.
- It is recommended that presenters test their files in the on-site Speaker Ready Room prior to the day of their session to ensure the proper display of fonts, equations, pictures, and videos. This is of particular importance if a Mac issued to create the original PPT file.
Registration and Reservations
PDC instructors who wish to attend AIHce EXP on Monday through Wednesday are required to pay the applicable registration fee, or the one-day fee, and should register for and reserve hotel accommodations online. Instructors must register for the PDC(s) they are teaching using a special code that will be sent in December 2022.
Questions regarding PDC instructor registration may be directed to Erin Breece at 703-846-0749.