Call for Proposals and Submission Process
In the Call for Proposals, we encourage professionals to submit session proposals that create engaging learning environments and actively involve the participants. With so many experienced attendees at AIHce EXP, the learning environment is enriched when the sessions tap into the collective knowledge in the room.
AIHce EXP 2023 is being designed as a hybrid event, combining activities held on-site in Phoenix with a substantial virtual program.
Please note: All presenters are expected to deliver their sessions/courses in person. AIHce EXP 2023 will not feature a prerecorded or presenter live streamed option.
Presenters accepted to the program must register for the conference. During registration, you will decide whether to attend your EXPerience primarily in person (with virtual access included) OR entirely online.
The Call for PDC and Education Session Proposals opened June 6, 2022. Proposals for both PDCs and all education sessions are due September 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
Proposals received after this date will not be considered in the review process.
In November, all presenters and any co-presenters will receive an email from AIHA regarding the status of their proposal and a link back to the Attendee Interactive portal. Speakers should log in to the Attendee Interactive portal where they will find the decision, as well as comments/feedback from reviewers, if any.
There is no formal funding process for main conference session speakers. Speakers are required to pay for their own registration, travel, housing, and other incidental costs.
Professional Development Course (PDC) instructors receive complimentary registration to the course(s) they are facilitating and an honorarium (paid post-conference). If PDC instructors will participate in the main three days of the conference, they must register and pay for their registration, travel, housing, and other incidental costs.
Volunteer Opportunities and Review Process
Proposal submitters are required to submit the name of a session Moderator for the one-hour education session proposals. Be sure to notify the person you select; do not submit someone’s name without notifying him or her. AIHA staff will contact the Volunteer Groups to request Moderators for Research Round-Ups (combined scientific research/case study sessions). Moderators will be responsible for working with the presenters to ensure a common theme and flow for a cohesive session.
The primary role of the Moderator is to introduce each speaker; distribute materials, if any; keep speakers on track with time; ensure there is enough time for Q&A; and make any last-minute announcements (i.e., a presenter cancellation and replacement), general announcements (i.e., safety statements, location of exits, etc.), and reminders regarding the session evaluations.
We will have an open call for PDC monitors who, in exchange for their service, will receive a complimentary course registration. The call will open when registration opens (early December 2022) and is first-come, first-served. All monitors must be current national members.
In-Person OR Virtual EXPerience
When registering, you have the option to select the EXPerience you are most comfortable with:
- In-Person: Meaning you'll join us on-site at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix to attend all sessions, the Expo Hall, and networking events in-person. You’ll also have access to the sessions being offered virtually via your device of choice AND receive the full OnDemand package after the conference (included at no extra charge in full and one-day registrations). In-person participants may be required to adhere to COVID health and safety protocols required of AIHA by local, state, or federal regulations (currently, none). In-person participants also have the option to register for virtual PDCs.
- Virtually: Meaning you'll participate online in the sessions and networking activities being offered virtually. We've also included multiple contact opportunities for you to engage with speakers, exhibitors, and attendees throughout the conference. You’ll also have access to the full OnDemand package after the conference (included at no extra charge in full and one-day registrations).
Select Professional Development Courses (PDCs) will also be offered as both in-person and virtual, while others will be on-site only. This gives you the option to extend your learning in the way that works best for you.
We’ve taken all the things you love about AIHce EXP and elevated them to meet your needs, whether you’re headed to Phoenix or staying at home. We can't wait to see you... in whatever EXPerience you choose!
AIHce EXP Schedule
The 2023 schedule is robust, featuring myriad educational and networking opportunities to empower you as an OEHS leader.
- Professional Development Courses (PDCs) will be held Saturday, May 20; Sunday, May 21; and Thursday, May 25.
- The conference itself will be Monday, May 22 through Wednesday, May 24. Education sessions will be one (1) hour-long with time in between for continued conversation, networking, and transition time to the next activity.
- The Expo will be open Monday through Wednesday throughout the day, and each day the schedule offers dedicated Expo time allowing you time to visit exhibitors, attend Learning Pavilion sessions, or catch up on other content in EXP+.
- Additional activities available Monday through Wednesday include health and wellness activities, pop-up education, technical tours, the Career Advantage Fair, and posters.
- Committee and volunteer group meetings will be held in-person and virtually (as noted on the conference schedule) during the week of conference and in the weeks immediately before and after.
To find out more on the types of sessions we are seeking, click here.
There will be two general sessions: Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon, both scheduled in Mountain Time. These energizing sessions offer insights into high-level issues faced daily by leaders.
Registration (Process and Fees)
During registration, you will decide whether to attend your EXPerience primarily in person (with virtual access included) OR entirely online. Because the registration systems are combined, we can easily change you from one type to the other (*fee differences may be required).
Note: if you select to attend in-person, you may be required to adhere to COVID protocols required of AIHA by local, state, or federal regulations (currently none). Details are included in the consent clauses you are asked to sign as part of your registration.
FULL CONFERENCE REGISTRATIONS
- In-person EXPerience: This registration type includes in-person access to ALL AIHce EXP 2023 activities, including General Sessions; education sessions; the Expo Hall during published open hours; a free drink ticket at the Expo Hall Networking Reception; Career Advantage; poster sessions; health and wellness activities; Pop-Up education; learning pavilions; innovation stations; the opportunity to earn up to 18 contact hours; and OnDemand access to all recorded sessions valid through December 2023. In-person registrants are also able to participate virtually in any AIHce EXP 2023 events being simultaneously live streamed as part of the virtual conference.
- Virtual EXPerience: This registration type includes virtual access to all AIHce EXP 2023 activities included in the virtual program, including live streamed General Sessions and education sessions; pre-recorded posters, health and wellness, Pop-Up education, learning pavilions, and innovation station sessions; the opportunity to earn up to 17 contact hours during the three main days of conference; OnDemand access to all recorded education sessions valid through December 2023; and access to the Exhibitor Directory with links to contact exhibiting companies.
- In-person EXPerience: This registration type includes in-person access to AIHce EXP 2023 activities occurring on the selected day: General Session(s) (Monday and Wednesday); education sessions; the Expo Hall during published open hours; a free drink ticket at the Expo Hall Networking Reception (Monday only); Career Advantage; poster sessions; health and wellness activities; Pop-Up education; learning pavilions; innovation stations; the opportunity to earn up to 6 contact hours in 1 day; and OnDemand access to that day's recorded education sessions valid through December 2023. In-person registrants are also able to participate virtually in the AIHce EXP 2023 events being live streamed as part of the virtual conference on the specific day. AIHA reserves the right to upgrade your registration, with applicable fees, should you attend events not included in this one-day type.
- Virtual EXPerience: This registration type includes virtual access to AIHce EXP 2023 activities included in the virtual program on the selected day: General Session(s) (Monday and Wednesday); education sessions; pre-recorded posters, health and wellness, Pop-Up education, learning pavilions, and innovation station sessions; the opportunity to earn up to 6 contact hours in 1 day; OnDemand access to that day's recorded education sessions valid through December 2023; and access to the Exhibitor Directory with links to contact exhibiting companies.
EXPO ONLY REGISTRATIONS
- This registration includes in-person access ONLY to the AIHce EXP 2023 Exhibit Hall and innovation station sessions. It DOES NOT include General Sessions; education sessions; poster sessions; Career Advantage; health and wellness, Pop-Up education, or learning pavilions sessions. Expo Only registrants will NOT earn contact hours or receive OnDemand access. AIHA reserves the right to upgrade your registration, with applicable fees, should you attend events not included in this registration type.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES ONLY
- In-person EXPerience: This registration includes in-person access to the specific PDC(s) selected on Saturday, Sunday, or Thursday. If the selected PDC(s) are also offered virtually, in-person participants can participate virtually. No AIHce EXP activities are included. PDC prices are based on the length of the PDC selected and will be shown on the next page. AIHA reserves the right to upgrade your registration, with applicable fees, should you attend events not included in this registration type.
- Virtual EXPerience: This registration includes virtual only access to the specific PDC(s) selected on Saturday, Sunday, or Thursday. No AIHce EXP activities are included. PDC prices are based on the length of the PDC selected and will be shown on the next page.
Yes. Registration rates increased 7.5% for all registration types. This increase comes after six (6) years of consistent rates for AIHces 2017 through 2022 and is less than the current Consumer Price Index (CPI) average.
Registration rates are based on AIHA membership status. You must be an AIHA member in good standing with 2023 rates paid in full to receive the Member rate. To view the 2023 registration rates, visit Registration Rates.
AIHA negotiates rates at nearby hotels as a courtesy to our attendees. The hotels agree to the rates and reserve a block of rooms for us, with the expectation that those rooms will be sold. If they’re not, AIHA pays a penalty. As an incentive to encourage you to stay within the block, we offer the STAY AND SAVE discount on your registration fee for the conference.
Registration is now open! To receive the advance rate discount, registrations must be submitted with payment in full by 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 19, 2023. Effective midnight on Monday, March 20, 2023, rates switch to standard prices (no exceptions).
AIHA has reserved blocks of rooms at several different hotels in Phoenix. Depending on popularity, the room block at one hotel may sell out sooner than at another, so it’s important to make your reservations sooner rather than later.
Yes, U.S. government employees must select "Yes" to the profile question, "Are you a U.S. government employee" during the registration process. When you reach the housing section of registration, per diem rated rooms will appear as options for you. We have government rooms reserved at every contracted AIHce EXP hotel.
In-person participants are eligible to receive up to 18 contact hours for attending Monday through Wednesday. Virtual participants are eligible to receive up to 17 contact hours for attending Monday through Wednesday.
AIHce EXP OnDemand
It takes several weeks after AIHce EXP to prepare the recordings for viewing. When they are ready, you will receive login instructions that will allow you to access the library of session recordings from AIHce EXP 2023. At the conclusion, you’ll be asked to complete an evaluation and submit for credit. Detailed instructions will be sent along with the login instructions.
You can earn contact hours for each additional session recording you watch as long as you follow the procedure for submitting for credit explained in the instructions. You will have access to these recordings through December 31, 2023 and can view as many as you’re interested in.
What to Bring
We want you to be comfortable at AIHce EXP, so we suggest business casual attire. However, meeting rooms are often cold (and especially so in Phoenix in the end of May), so we recommend you bring a sweater or layers for your comfort. Typical Phoenix temperatures for late May are daytime highs in the mid- to high-90s and nighttime lows in the low- to mid-70s.
We also strongly recommend investing in comfortable, supportive shoes that are well broken in before you arrive in Phoenix.
Feedback on AIHce EXP
Your feedback provides session leaders with the critiques they need to improve their presentation skills, and it enables the AIHA team to know what worked well and what could be done better.
We will provide links to session evaluations on the conference schedule and in the mobile app. At the end of the conference, you'll receive an overall conference evaluation. And we encourage you to reach out to the conference team at any time!