Use these tips to get approval from your supervisor to attend AIHce EXP 2020
Fill out our approval letter or craft your own highlighting these — or other — reasons to make AIHce EXP 2020 a priority this June.
- Focus on the issues at hand. Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work and organization. Explore the conference schedule and make a list of the sessions that will help you address your organization’s current initiatives, such as cutting costs, streamlining processes, building partnerships, or overcoming specific challenges.
- Share and present. Highlight ways you will give back to your office after the conference, including sharing your new knowledge with colleagues in mini-workshops, sharing materials, or presenting a Q&A session to your colleagues. Since OnDemand is included in your registration fee, you will have access to all of the recorded sessions and slides for 6 months to continue – and share – the AIHce EXP education.
- Talk up the takeaways. From networking opportunities to practical takeaways from each session, attending a live conference provides information you can put into action when you get home. In addition, you can bring back ideas or solutions from new or improved products and/or services presented in the exhibit hall.
- Take advantage of early registration. Register early for lowest registration, hotel, and airfare rates. Attendees get all the education and face-to-face networking in just three days (additional pre- and post-conference days available), meaning fewer days out of the office, lower travel costs, and immediate results. (For an even greater savings, suggest sending a group of colleagues!)
- Consider CM points. To maintain your CIH, you need CM points. AIHce EXP participants are eligible for up to 18 CM credits (with additional credits available for PDCs). You can also earn credits for session participation via OnDemand.
- Call attention to quality. As the premier source for OHS knowledge, AIHce EXP offers a comprehensive, time-intensive learning environment. Attending the conference is much more cost-effective and time-efficient than participating in multiple seminars or webinars because you get all of the information you need in one place at one time.
- Build a networking list. AIHce EXP offers an unmatched source for networking, bringing together OHS professionals from across the country and around the world. Make note of speakers, exhibitors, or other industry representatives you would like to meet or learn new techniques from.
- Have a plan. Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
Plan your strategy, prepare your letter, and secure your approval to go. Bring the benefits of knowledge and professional growth home to your organization.
Download our sample