Since the Association's founding in 1939, AIHA’s annual conference has focused on the important trends, needs, research, technologies, training, and connections that make OHS professionals – all of whom are responsible for the safety, health, and environment of today’s workspaces – more efficient in their pursuit of protecting worker health.
It's not just a conference... it is an EXPerience.
- Main Conference: June 1-3, 2020
- Professional Development Courses: May 30, 31, and June 4
Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta, Georgia
Industrial hygienists, occupational health professionals, EHS specialists, safety professionals, risk management professionals, consultants, and others responsible for safety, health, and the environment at their organizations
AIHce EXP provides a wealth of knowledge and expertise through a varied array of quality, peer-reviewed presentations. A diverse menu of formats, including general sessions, lectures, interactive learning, product demos, poster sessions, and pre- and post-conference Professional Development Courses (PDCs), provide multiple pathways to learning.
Future AIHce EXP Dates and Locations
- 2021: Dallas, Texas – May 24-26
- 2022: Nashville, Tennessee – May 23-25
- 2023: Phoenix, Arizona – May 22-24
In the beginning...
In 1961, AIHA® and ACGIH® jointly sponsored the first wholly separate conference and exposition for industrial hygienists. Up to this point, AIHA had been invited, since its founding in 1939, as a participant organization in a joint conference lead by the American Association of Industrial Physicians and Surgeons (AAIPS).
For the last 59 years, AIHA, with help from ACGIH, has held what is now known as AIHce EXP. Featuring more than 200 exhibitors and nearly 4,500 attendees, this annual conference is known as the premiere event for IH/OH professionals around the world.
Looking for some easy icebreaker material at your next conference networking event? Here's some interesting conference facts:
- AIHA's initial formulation occurred at the American Conference on Occupational Diseases and Industrial Hygiene conference in Cleveland in June 1939.
- The 1961 conference had just over 700 attendees (including exhibitors).
- The conference is typically located in cities with convention/conference centers capable of handling the large number of anticipated attendees.
- Poster sessions were introduced into the conference program in 1977.
- The first AIHA conference (in partnership with AAIPS) in 1940 was free to attendees; the registration fee in 1941 and 1942 was $1.
- The 1971 conference in Toronto was the first AIHce held outside the United States.
- In Houston, Texas, the 1980 AIHce was held for the first time outside of a hotel at the Albert Thomas Convention Center. The conference has been exclusively held at conference and convention centers since then.