There’s something for every OEHS professional at AIHce EXP
Should you or should you not attend AIHce EXP in Nashville this year? That’s a tough question to answer, and we’re here to help. No matter what your primary goal is, there’s something (or most likely, many somethings) going on at this conference that will help you achieve it.
As you prepare to join us in Nashville, keep this in mind: AIHce EXP is designed to support your important work, which is keeping your workplaces and communities healthy and safe. Everything about this conference event is centered on that fundamental premise.
So, have you considered what you’ll gain from attending? If not, consider this list of popular motivations, culled from several years of feedback from past attendees:
One of my primary goals is to…
Learn and earn CM Contact Hours
No question, AIHce EXP is the best place to access practical, cutting-edge education covering a variety of OEHS topics across several industries. If you’re working towards earning or maintaining a certification, attending the full conference (in-person or online) qualifies you for 18 contact hours, with more possible from the OnDemand program, which is offered later in the year. Consider doing the following:
- Preview our education sessions, led by experts in their field, and search by interest, such as:
- Student Research and discussion via the Academic Track
- Total Exposure Health/Total Worker Health®
- Laboratory Health and Safety
- Hazard Recognition/Exposure Assessment
- Protective Clothing and Equipment
- Take a professional development course (PDC), offered pre- or post-conference, for a deeper dive into your area of interest
- Supplement your learning by attending a Learning Pavilion session, presented by OEHS industry partners
- Leverage your OnDemand access (free with full in-person or virtual conference registration) for additional contact hours
- Ask knowledgeable AIHA staff on-site about attendance and certification maintenance
Discover the new and next in my industry or expertise
You’re constantly working to improve your ability to protect workers and their communities from occupational and environmental hazards. Stay ahead of the curve and see what’s on the horizon for the industry and how we work.
- Connect with our exhibitors and sponsors to get innovative ideas, sample products, and see what they have to offer to make your work life so much better. Our exhibitors and sponsors can be found both in the Expo Hall and via our online exhibitor directory, accessed via the conference website or through the event app.
- Attend an Innovation Station presentation (or two, or three!) to stay up to date on products and services you’ve been anxious to try out or get your hands on.
- Interact with hands-on demonstrations at the confined spaces trailer in the Expo Hall.
- Learn how AIHA can make your educational development easier, simplify your management challenges, make your personal goal to give back to the industry you love much more accessible, and put career growth within reach. AIHA staff and industry leaders will present tips, inspirational talks, and so much more at the AIHA Main Stage in the AIHA booth.
Network, network, network!
We’re thrilled to be back in person! Get ready to mix and mingle with the best and brightest in occupational and environmental health and safety. Safely of course.
- Attend our networking events to meet up with old friends and make new ones at special on-site events, such as the First-Timers Meet & Greet, the ever-popular Expo Hall Networking Reception, and Student and Professional Poster author attend times
- Refresh your online profiles with a new professional Headshot Café photo.
- Grow your leadership skills by attending an AIHA committee meeting.
- Speed network with the best of them! Visit the CareerAdvantage pavilion to dust off your networking skills and make valuable connections.
Make my next career play
The pandemic has given rise to the nation’s biggest career change surge in history. Whether you’re looking to make moves within your organization or start fresh, let AIHce EXP be the place where you build your skills and make the right connections for career advancement.
Gone are the days when attending a career fair meant you were dissatisfied with your job or looking for work. In today’s constantly changing workplace, these programs have a richer, deeper purpose and meaning: helping you get the most out of your professional career through mentorship, counseling, critiques, and network-building. Think of the CareerAdvantage Fair as your one-stop shop for enhancing and securing your future professional life.
If you’re one of the few looking for a career change or entering the OEHS workforce, you can also drop by for career counseling, resume critiques, and speed networking events. Go ahead and pre-schedule meetings with prospective employers on-site. And when you need a break, visit the Nexus Lounge for students and early career professionals to network, recharge, and enjoy exclusive presentations from industry leaders.
Enjoy the on-site experience
Yes, there are many attendees who simply enjoy the amazing atmosphere of learning and collaboration brought about by your peers. Even the most focused attendees need that creative break to recharge and rejuvenate. Come give your brain some space to breathe – and don’t forget to enjoy yourself! You can find ways to do just that through:
- Inspirational keynotes and speakers
- Actively give back to the profession through AIHF activities such as the Fun Run and LEGO Silent Auction
- Simple snack breaks, health and wellness activities, and games located throughout the Expo Hall
- Taking an afternoon or evening to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nashville
- Catch up with old friends at a local eatery
No matter what your priorities are as an attendee for AIHce EXP, there’s something to enhance your experience for everyone.
If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for? And if you have? We very much look forward to seeing you in Nashville!